You’re all caught up!
Thank you for visiting this page, we’ll keep you posted!
DEC 07, 2019
Talking, Breathing, Living to the Core
A workshop organised in Neev Montessori School! A beautiful way to understand your body and to establish a healthy bond for life as the core or physical centre of your body is what will keep every aspect of your life long lasting. The basic understanding on how to get started with our physical centre and how to develop a stronger core will be broken down into a 3-part series over 3 Saturdays. The benefits of a healthy core are many. Boost immune system, strength stamina, healthy uterus, correct posture, strengthen the back muscles just to name a few. Some exciting props will play a prominent role and resourceful music will also be effective in this session.
About the Specialist
Andrea Jacob is an established Movement Therapist, Fitness expert and Performing artist. She has been practising for the past 2 decades both globally and locally. She has shared her knowledge via different media platforms, NDTV, Chennai live 104.8 fm, webcast for LifeCell, and various articles in print, the Hindu to name a few. She has workshops spanning from 6-month babies to geriatric 85-year olds. She has done workshops in China, Singapore, Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Brussels, Malaysia to name a few and is currently part of the ongoing Mental health workshops for the wardens (Tamil Nadu) and remand convicts in Puzhal prison which is model prison for other prisons in India. She has taught in many established schools in Chennai, American international School, KC High, Abacus to name a few. She runs workshops for NGOs and Corporates for well-being content. To know more, visit www.AndreaJacob.com
DEC 03, 2019
Barefoot Beach Walking Day
Children of Neev Montessori School were extremely happy to be a part of Inclusive Barefoot Beach walking and Beach Games organised by Nandavanam to mark the occasion of the International Day of People with Disabilities on December 03, 2019.
AUG 31, 2019
To celebrate Dr. Maria Montessori’s birthday on 31st August, Neev Montessori organised an orientation programme on the Montessori Primary Environment and the Curriculum.
Many parents often ask us if the Montessori Curriculum is on par with mainstream schools and what are it’s other benefits ? During this orientation, we presented the important components of the primary curriculum, and explained the same with the help of the materials. We then discussed how this curriculum helps in meeting the developmental as well as the educational needs of children between 3 to 6 years of age.
July 20, 2019
Neev Montessori School organizes All Parents Meet Programme followed by Dr. Suchithra’s talk on It Takes a Community to Raise a Child
About Dr. Suchitra Ramkumar
Dr. Suchitra Ramkumar’s work and learning experiences have been guided by deep interest in the well being of children and in the understanding of human form and function and spans three interrelated domains: Education, Medicine and Counselling.
She holds an M.B.B.S. degree with a gold medal in nutrition. She has a diploma and certificate courses on basic and career counselling, transactional analysis, specific learning disabilities, remedial education, curative education, and social therapy.
She also holds an international diploma for teachers and trainers from Srikriti, which is an accredited centre of the University of Cambridge. She has also undergone training on yoga, advanced Vinyasakrama, healing chants, and basic Sanskrit.
Dr. Suchitra’s work experience spans over 30 years and different areas. She has been a teacher, doctor, trainer, and many more. She has been a reviewer and provided support to various educational programmes, suggested lessons and content to school text books, been a member of NCERT, contributed to Government Education Systems, helped framing the syllabus for Samacheer Kalvi, and more. Suggestions, made as part of various programmes, have been used by the State in all its schools (15000 middle schools and 38000 primary schools).
MAR 24, 2019
Neev Montessori School, in association with Tree foundation, is proud to announce the Turtle Walk/Hatchling Release Programme for the parents and children of Neev Montessori School. Since it is one of Neev’s efforts towards ‘connecting children to nature’, we greatly appreciate the participation of all parents and children in this event.
The Neev team is also happy to extend this invitation to your relatives, friends, and their children. Please let us know in advance if any of your friends or relatives, are joining us. It will help us plan the programme better.
This programme is on Sunday, March 24, 2019. The itinerary is below.
- Assemble at Tree Foundation’s office at Neelankarai between 5:00 to 5:15 pm. Here, we get to see the injured Olive Ridleys. Some one from Tree foundation will explain about their injuries and medical/rehabilitative care they recieve at the centre.
- Then at 6 pm, we will go to Neev Montessori School in Injambakkam, where a short documentary about the sea turtles’s life, nesting habits, environmental threats they now face and Tree Foundation’s conservative efforts will be screened. Understanding these issues make our visit to the hatchery and our participation in the release of these tiny hatchlings more meaningful to each of us including our children.
- After watching the documentary, we visit the hatchery located at the beach near Injambakkam fishing village to release the hatchlings.
Please note, Tree foundation charges a nominal fee of ₹100/- per child (above 5 years) and ₹200/- per adult.
This amount goes towards food and upkeep of the injured turtles. You are welcome to contribute more amount, if you desire.
The hatchling release program may end between 8:00 to 9:00 pm. The following day, Monday, the 25th, will be a holiday for the children.
FEB 01, 2019
Neev Montessori takes its first step into the digital world! Word of mouth has worked wonders for us all these years and now we are going a step further in creating an online presence. We are in the process of creating mind blowing content to keep y’all hooked! We’d be grateful to have you engage with us on the following social media handles and look out for interesting updates:
- Instagram: Follow for beautiful pictures of the school premises, the kids, and their way of life here.
- YouTube: Subscribe and press the bell icon in our channel for informative videos on who we are and what we are up to.
- Facebook: Like and Follow the page (set the follow setting to SEE FIRST) to get to know about our events, share your feedback, and connect with the Neev community.
- Twitter: Follow to Keep an eye on where we’d send out announcements, have healthy discussions on Montessori education with the Twitterati.
Dec 01-02, 2018
Drum Workshop by Rzhude David, (singer, songwriter, bass guitarist of legendary band, Thermal And A Quarter) and designer of HumDrum– a hand held percussion instrument.
NOV 09, 2018
A one-day workshop on “The Inner Essence Of Mathematics” organised by Ira. The workshop is open to teachers, parents and anyone interested in mathematics.
OCT 17, 2018
Navaratri Celebrations, 2018
Venue: Neev Montessori School
Timings: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Children are to be dropped directly in school between 4.15 PM to 4:30 PM.
- Children must come dressed in their dance dress.
- Please send a change of clothes, snacks and water bottle in their usual school bag (since we are familiar with their usual school bag, please send the same bag to avoid confusion).
- Please send simple finger food and a bottle of juice or milkshake if need be.
- Parents are cordially invited to come and see the Golu between 5:30 and 6.00 PM.
- Program will start at 6:00 PM
- Between 7.30- 8.00 PM, light dinner will be served for the children as well as the adults.
- Please carry a bottle of water with you while coming for the programme. Refill for the same will be available in school.
- To avoid wastage, and usage of disposables, paper cups will not be available.
MAR 31, 2018
On March 31, 2018, Saturday, Neev Montessori School in association with TREE foundation is organising turtle walk/hatchling release program for the for the parents and their friends of our school children. The program goes as follows:
- We assemble at Tree Foundation’s office at Neelankarai at 5:15 pm where we get to see many injured Olive Ridley turtles that are receiving medical and rehabilitative care at the centre.
- Then we will come to Neev Montessori School in Injambakkam, where we will see a short documentary about the sea turtles’s life, nesting habits, environmental threats they now face and tree foundation’s conservative efforts. Understanding these issues will make our visit to the hatchery and our participation in the release of these tiny hatchlings become more meaningful to each of us including our children.
- After watching the documentary, we will walk to the hatchery located at the beach near Injambakkam fishing village to release the hatchlings.
We are happy to extend the same to your friends. Please feel free to invite your friends for the same.
Please note that Tree foundation charges a nominal fee of ₹200/- per head (for adults only), which then goes towards food and upkeep of the injured turtles. Do let us know your interest and the number of people from your end.
Hoping to see all of you there.
MAR 17, 2018
Annual Day Celebrations at Neev Montessori (Academic Year 2017-2018)